True entrepreneurship has but one goal, one drive, one primary motivating factor:
WVJIT Direct and Indirect Financial Impacts of Investments 1999-2010: Read Report Here
WV Partner Resources
- Entrepreneur.com provides solutions and resources to help you grow your business.
- Entreworld.org is a world of resources for entrepreneurs. The site covers everything form starting your business to social entrepreneurship.
- Netpreneur.org is a powerful tool for finding knowledge, partners, connections, opportunities, funders, and much more. Netpreneur is a community both virtual and physical where tech entrepreneurs can connect, partner and help one another grow and succeed.
- The Young Entrepreneurs Network is an online network that supports the needs of young people from around the world as they attempt to build and thrive in both their personal and professional lives.
- The Startup Journal is The Wall Street Journal’s Center For Entrepreneurs. It is an excellent source of information for all types of Entrepreneurs.
- Forum for Women Entrepreneurs is a world-class community of entrepreneurs, investors and service providers working together to accelerate the growth of women-led technology and life science companies.
- Red Herring Online provides in-depth analysis and reporting on the forces driving innovation technology, entrepreneurialism and the financial markets. Its staff of award-winning journalists tell readers what’s first, what matters and most importantly, why.
- WV Development Office is the state’s chief economic and community development agency which actively promotes the growth of the state’s economy through business start-ups, retention and expansion of existing industry, and the attraction of new industry to the state.
- Entrepreneurs.about.com is an excellent resource for entrepreneurs. Freeagent.com & guru.com are good sites to find consultative level members for your team.
- Allbusiness.com is a good resource to find the best rates for lines of credit, leases, and other forms of financing.
- The Business Plan – Road Map To Success is the SBA’s tutorial and self-paced activity plan that is highly regarded as one of the best guides to starting your business and writing your business plan.
- Work.com is a collaboration between Dow Jones & Excite@home. This is an excellent Internet portal for a broad assortment of business information and services.
- U.S. Small Business contains resources for small business and useful data on its economic impacts.
- Babson College is one of the nation’s leading centers of entrepreneurship research.
- Young Entrepreneurs’ Organization is a global, non-profit educational organization for young entrepreneurs.
- CED in North Carolina is an excellent resource for entrepreneurs in North Carolina and across the country.
- An Entrepreneurial Life provides early stage entrepreneurs with news, feature stories, advice, and a realistic counterpoint to the mythical â€œcreate an app, raise venture capital, and sell for a billion dollarsâ€ narrative. By sharing this information, they hope to inspire you to start a business and obtain real-world, entrepreneurial experience.
- Council on Competitiveness is a Washington-based group focused on enhancing global competitiveness through technology, workforce development, and support for entrepreneurship.
- Appalachian Regional Commission contains comprehensive information about ARC programs to spur entrepreneurship in the 13 Appalachian states.
- The National Foundation for Teaching Entrepreneurship works to provide low-income or at-risk young people with knowledge and skills to pursue entrepreneurship and economic self-sufficiency.
- The Foundation for Enterprise Development is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping entrepreneurs and executives use employee ownership and equity compensation as a fair and effective means of motivating the workforce and improving corporate performance.
- National Women’s Business Council was created to serve as an independent source of advice and counsel to the president and Congress on women’s business and enterprise.
- Research Institute for Small & Emerging Business, Inc. (RISEbusiness) is an organization that provides information and substantive research on issues impacting the formation and growth of small and emerging businesses.
- Edward Lowe Foundation houses information services for entrepreneurs and small-business owners.
- BusinessWeek’s Small Business Resources contains resources for small business, stock information, and much more.
- IBM’s Start-up Business Resource Site provides practical advice, thoughtful analysis, and provocative commentary to aid you in making better decisions.
- Guy Kawasaki’s Start-up Resource Site allows startup companies to outline their business plans to attract the attention of some of the world’s best technology startup investors.
- EDGAR performs automated collection, validation, indexing, acceptance, and forwarding of submissions by companies and others who are required by law to file forms with the SEC. Excellent for retrieving annual reports (10K’s) as means for performing market research including market trends, competitive analyses, and strategies that others are employing.